Six months ago or so it clearly stated in the Drupal docs to NOT create D8 modules do to the API not being finished. But still right and left there were people developing and porting D8 modules, clients were asking for it as experience and there was a log of hype. I decided to try my hand at it and had a working module as of 6 months ago. When I finally got GIT access 6 months later to push my changes to Fancy Login, It had stopped working on the latest D8 build. This article covers the latest changes to the API made during this period and the changes I had to make to do last minute API changes.
module Fancy Login.
1. moved file FancyLoginSettingsForm.php from folder fancy_login/src to fancy_login/src/Form folder
2. in FancyLoginSettingsForm.php file changed translate functions functions t(). for example
t('Text !url.', array('!url' => 'background-
color')) to t('Text background-color', array('@url' =>
3. Moved the function user_login_block_ajax_callback from file FancyLoginSettingsForm.php to
4. Moved libraries such as
from FancyLogin_loginForm.php file to fancy_login.module file.
5. Deleted library